Security & Privacy
|FACTS||What Does Hondo National Bank Do with Your Personal Information?|
|Why?||Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.|
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
All financial companies need to share customers' personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers' personal information; the reasons Hondo National Bank chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
|Reasons We Can Share Your Personal Information||Does Hondo National Bank share?||Can you limit this sharing?|
|For our everyday business purposes
Such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus
|For our marketing purposes
To offer our products and services to you.
|For joint marketing with other financial companies
||No||We do not share|
|For our affiliates' everyday business purposes
Information about your transactions, experiences and creditworthiness.
|No||We do not share|
|For non-affiliates to market to you||No||We do not share|
|Questions?||Call 830-426-3355 or go to www.hondonationalbank.com|
|Who We Are||Who is providing this notice? Hondo National Bank|
|What We Do|
|How does Hondo National Bank protect my personal information?||To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.|
|How does Hondo National Bank collect my personal information?||
We collect your personal information, for example, when you
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
|Why can't I limit all sharing?||
Federal law gives you the right to limit only
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing. See below for more on your rights under state law.
|Affiliates||Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies.|
|Nonaffiliates||Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies.|
|Joint Marketing||A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.|
Privacy Model Disclosure
VMP® Bankers Systems™
Wolters Kluwer Financial Services © 2010 PRIV-MODEL 8/1/2010
Safeguarding Your Information
At Hondo National Bank, the security of customer information is a priority. We are strongly committed to the safety and confidentiality of your records. Every day, unscrupulous individuals are busy developing new scams targeting the unsuspecting public. One of the best ways to avoid fraud is to become an educated consumer.
- Watch out for copycat Web sites that deliberately use a name or Web address very similar to, but not the same as the real one. The intent is to lure you into clicking through to their Web site and giving out your personal information, such as a bank account number, credit card number or Online Banking login information.
- Always use your pre-established links to access Web sites and avoid clicking on links in unsolicited e-mails. If you ever receive a suspicious e-mail representing itself as Hondo National Bank, please forward the message in its entirety to us through the “Contact Us” link on our website, www.myhnb.com.
- Ensure that your own personal computer has updated anti-virus and firewall protections. Apply security patches for all of your programs and operating systems regularly.
- Passwords should be unique to you and changed regularly. Do not use birthdays or other numbers or words that may be easy for others to guess. Never write down your password or give it to another person.
- Monitor your account activity frequently using our free Online and Mobile Banking services.
- Sign up for free Online Banking eStatements to avoid having your paper statement sitting in an unsecure mailbox where it could be compromised.
- Set up free Security and Balance Alerts through Online Banking to be notified via phone, e-mail and/or SMS text message when there is login activity or changes in your expected balance.
- Choose a unique authenticator image and phrase for your Online Banking so that you always know when you are on our secure Web site. Set up challenge questions that only you will know the answer to.
Please keep in mind that we will never ask for or email you requesting your online banking password. We may on occasion call to verify other information regarding your online activity should we see something of concern in your login patterns. If you plan to travel and use your Online Banking or debit card, it is very helpful to call us in advance to avoid your account being temporarily disabled for security purposes.
In case of errors or questions about your electronic transfers, call or write us at the telephone number or address listed, as soon as you can, if you think your statement or receipt is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer listed on the statement or receipt. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
For personal accounts, limitations on your liability for unauthorized electronic funds transfers and other electronic errors that are covered by Regulation E are explained in the EFT Disclosure Statement in our Consumer Terms and Conditions brochure. However, if you use online services for any business activity, you assume all risk of loss for unauthorized transfers and payments, and you must establish your own internal security procedures for employees you authorize to prevent all unauthorized use by other employees or persons. We recommend business customers perform an internet banking risk assessment and controls evaluation periodically.
We encourage you to review our Security & Privacy link which can be found at the bottom of any page of our Web site, www.myhnb.com. If at any time you have questions regarding security or possible fraud, please contact our customer service representatives at 830-426-3355.